Thursday, March 05, 2009

Today's Tenses lesson 1

Hey! Hey! I've finished my exams. Hooray!! It was a relief. Fuh! And I want to share what I have learnt to you.

THE SIMPLE PRESENT
( a ) Ann takes a shower every day.
( b ) I usually read the newspaper in the morning.
( c ) Babies cries. Birds fly.
( d ) NEGATIVE:
It doesn't snow on Bangkok.
( e ) QUESTION:
Does the teacher speak slowly?
EXPLANATION
The SIMPLE PRESENT expresses daily habits or usual activities, as in ( a ) and ( b ).
The simple present expresses general statements of fact, as in ( c ).
In sum, the simple present is used for events or situation that exist always, usually, or habitually in the past, present, and future.
THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS
( f ) Ann can't come to the phone right now because is taking a shower.
( g ) I am reading my grammar book right now.
( h ) Jimmy and Susie are babies. They are crying. I can hear them right now. Maybe they are hungry.
( i ) NEGATIVE:
It isn't snowing right now.
( j ) QUESTION:
Is the teacher speaking right now?
EXPLANATION
The PRESENT CONTINUOUS expresses an activity that is in progress ( is occuring, is happenig ) right now. The event is in progress at the time the speaker is saying the sentences.
The event began in the past, is in progress now, and will probably continue in the future.
FORM: am, is, are + -ing
That's all for today. Will be continue tomorrow :)

No comments:

Featured Post

Peluang Bisnes Shaklee - 3C

Hai semuanya! Assalammualaikum! Tau tak hari ni, actually genap sebulan from my previou spost. Aduhai, last month dah niat nak buat 1 ...