Monday, February 26, 2018

Hotel Review : Hotel de Art i-City Shah Alam


Assalammmualaikum,

Month of February has been quite a hectic month for me as most of my customers are having their wedding days and needed a lot of desserts to accompany their events.

For the past weeks, orders been keep coming non-stop that I had to bring in one helper, my sister, to help keep me sane while baking. Haha.

Jungling between making the cupcakes, buttercream while having trouble with the oven malfunction the day before, was one of the worst problem I had encountered. The technician couldn't come any sooner and we had to start our work late at 5pm and finished at 5 in the morning the next day.

After all the chaotic, I really in need of a getaway. Not a vacation like you go to beaches and sight seeing, but more of a sleep-getaway - yes, SLEEP.

After considering the budgets that I have, I decided to stay at a nearby hotel named Hotel de Art, I-City, Shah Alam. Yes, that close to home. I have already stayed at their other three branches - Section 7, Section 19 and Bandar Seri Permaisuri. This is like the 4th branch for me.


Hotel de Art has always been associate with arts and colorful designs/decorations through out their building, hallways and rooms. For I-city branch, the colors spread a little too big on their building - a corner shop lot big enough to suite at least 35 rooms. Choosing a 'splash-watercolor' kind of effects really brings out the 'arts' in the hotel.




Entering by the front door, you can imagine having Alice, as in 'Alice in The Wonderland', greeting you at the reception. A mischievous cat, Cheshire, sitting by the big blue sofa and the White Rabbit keep on reminding you about the time. But here, time is not a problem, as you may just be in a wonderland.

Guiding you up the the room is one 'grassy' lift (because the hall to the lift is covered with fake grass, hehe) to the second floor and room 206. A queen-sized bed with window is the room that had been given to me upon checking in.

A blue background on top of the bed with murals of a bird and a cage feels like a saying goes "be free for the day" really was what I needed after a few hectic weeks.





The size of the room was merely big enough for two persons, but if you are coming with a family, opt for a family room. This room is more if like a couple rooms or besties room. The room is spacious enough for you to do your prayer and just sit on a small couch. They even provides essential amenities like flat screen TV, a kettle, mugs and coffee sachet, mineral bottled waters, a telephone, wi-fi and air-cond.

The toilet was quite big, equipped with a rain-shower, toilet and sink, and also shampoo with body wash.


I stayed there for two nights and really loving their fluffy pillows. Haha! wish I could bring them back home. Although they might not be serving any breakfast, they do have frozen foods that will only need some heating in microwave. Here I am having Nasi Tomato and surprisingly it is quite delicious, despite having it frozen and had to reheat around 10 mins, but that doesn't change it texture nor flavors.

Some say, why would I stay at a hotel near to home when I can choose a more further and better hotel? Well, the main reason I need to stay at a hotel was only because I need a non-disturbance sleep, thus that is why I choose Hotel de Art and obviously it is within my budget. A night is at RM118 for a queen-sized room, okay lah kan? Haha.





Owh ya, they also have function rooms that can accommodate up to 150 pax. Suitable for small dinner gathering, or closed nikah ceremony or even if you up for some birthday celebrations!

To many more stories on my stay and foods, do pray for me to write more and more! xoxo

HOTEL DE ART I-CITY
19, JALAN KELULI 7/110, SECTION 7,
40000 SHAH ALAM, SELANGOR
TEL : +603 5880 5588

No comments:

Featured Post

Peluang Bisnes Shaklee - 3C

Hai semuanya! Assalammualaikum! Tau tak hari ni, actually genap sebulan from my previou spost. Aduhai, last month dah niat nak buat 1 ...